The TEMPO of Madison Scholarship in honor of Betty von Rutenberg is open to Dane County female high school students whose goal is to attend college in coming fall. This is NOT an academic scholarship. The recipient will be a young woman of strong character, initiative, leadership and compassion, who shares Betty’s strong commitment to community and dedication to others, and who demonstrates financial need. The recipient will have a fun, energetic spirit, a sense of humor, and a general zest for life, as did Betty von Rutenberg.
- Approximately $5,000
- Current seniors in high school in the Greater Madison area
- Females who embody the spirit of Betty von Rutenberg, as outlined above
- Females who demonstrate a financial need (as determined by the scholarship committee)
- This scholarship in non-academic, so GPA will not be considered
- Recipient hopes to attend continuing higher education at an accredited college, trade, or technical school.