P.E.O. Chapter V is a Madison, Wisconsin Chapter of an international women’s organization whose purpose is to support women engaged in higher education. This year, P.E.O. Chapter V has a $4,000 Cathie Burgess Scholarship and two $1,000 Chapter V Scholarships available for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Who Is Eligible
• Female, graduating seniors from Madison public high schools planning to continue their education during the 2020-2021 school year
• Acceptance at an accredited post-secondary school in the United States or Canada
• U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents of the U.S.
• No restrictions on course of study
How To Apply There is no formal application form. To be considered for all scholarship opportunities, submit the following information electronically to Pamela Keehn at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 27, 2020 with the title “Application for 2020 P.E.O. Chapter V Scholarships”:
• Home Address (street, city, zip code)
• Personal Email Address
• Phone Number at which you can be reached
• High School attending and graduation date
• High School grade point average
• College, trade or technical school to which you have been accepted and plan to attend (include location of school)
• Purpose(s) for which a scholarship would be used (tuition, books, other educational expenses)
• Past and current school activities you are involved in (include leadership roles, recognitions, etc.)
- Past and current community activities you are involved in (include leadership roles, recognitions, etc.)
• Brief statement of your future education and career goals
• Two letters of recommendation focusing on qualities that make you a strong candidate for these scholarships. At least one recommendation should come from a high school counselor or core subject teacher. Letters of recommendation may either be included with your completed application or sent separately by the recommender. In either case, response to the requested information and two letters of recommendation must be received at email@example.com no later than March 27, 2020 to be considered for available scholarships.
• Strong scholastic standing
• Active participation in extracurricular school and community activities
• Leadership experience
• Clear statement of goals
• Two strong letters of recommendation Applicants may be contacted for an interview before final selection. All applicants will be notified of the award results by the end of April 2020.