Support for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer & Questioning + Youth
Sherie Hohs, LGBTQ+ Lead
545 W. Dayton Street, Room 225
Madison, Wisconsin 53703
Phone: (608) 616-9010
My role in MMSD
- Advocate for macro-level school change efforts and policies, based on student & family voices
- Consult with MMSD Staff, empowering them with the tools and support they need to assist LGBTQ+ youth and their families
- Lead Professional Development, focusing on creating safe and inclusive school climates for all students
- Strengthen Home, School & Community Partnerships for LGBTQ+ youth
- Collaborate with Gender & Sexuality Alliances (GSAs) and Student Leadership Groups to gain youth voice
Lead Action Team to expand guidance for transgender, non-binary, and gender expansive youth
Advocate for Mental Health needs of LGBTQ+ youth, including Trans Youth Group, community resource development, and family involvement.
Welcoming Schools facilitator and Dream Team member.
Coordinate team to implement All Gender Restrooms and Changing Areas district-wide
District-wide training for all MMSD staff on Supporting Transgender, Non-binary, and Gender Expansive Youth