The Horatio Alger Association of Distinguished Americans, Inc. Career & Technical Scholarship Program is funded through the Horatio Alger Endowment Fund and the generosity of Association Chairman Emeritus and Endowment Fund President Walter Scott, Jr. Scholarships are awarded to students who have faced and overcome great obstacles in their lives who wish to pursue a career or technical education at an accredited non-profit post-secondary institution in the United States.
- 1020 scholarships up to $2,500
- Have completed high school (or earned a high school equivalency credential)
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a career or technical program (up to 2 years) at an accredited non-profit post-secondary institution in the United States
- Demonstrated critical financial need (must be eligible to receive the Federal Pell grant as determined by completion of the FAFSA)
- Demonstrated perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Be under the age of 30
- Be a U.S. citizen