This program is funded by organizations, individuals and families across the country, giving them the opportunity to help fund foster youths’ postsecondary education so they can achieve brighter futures.
- $2,500-$5,000 based on financial need and merit
- Have been in public or private foster care for the 12 consecutive months leading up to and including their 18th birthday; OR have been adopted or placed into legal guardianship after their 16th birthday; OR have been orphaned for at least one year at the time of their 18th birthday and not subsequently adopted
- Be under the age of 25 on March 31 of the year in which they apply if they have not previously received scholarship funding from Foster Care to Success
- Have been in foster care or orphaned while living in the United States. U.S. citizenship is not required.
- Have been accepted into or expect to be accepted into an accredited, Pell-eligible college or other postsecondary school