545 W. Dayton Street
Madison, Wisconsin 53703
Phone: (608) 442-2917
Fax: (608) 204-0349
The Attendance Matters - For Parents site covers basic information on school attendance. Hopefully it will help you understand why it is so important for your child to attend school everyday.
- You know your child. You were your child’s very first teacher and you continue to teach them every day.
- Your child's education, both academically and socially, is priority number one at Madison schools.
- In order to provide your child with the greatest chance of being a successful student, we must work together to do all that we can to ensure regular school attendance.
- Madison school staff members are eager to work with parents/guardians to ensure that schools are responsive to the unique needs of each child. We want to help each child achieve success in school.
- Contacting your child's teacher to ask questions or share concerns is a first step toward addressing absences from school.